St Andrew's Organ

The organ at St Andrew's is a two-manual, tracker action, pipe organ which is installed in the South Transcept, above the Vestries. It was not new when it was installed at St Andrew' in 1907. The Hand-pumped bellows are still functional although the organ was fitted with an electric blower many years ago. The organ was built by a local builder Walter Bird and Sons from Selly Park, Birmingham and contains an interesting, if limited selection of stops. Maintenance work and some improvements have been carried out over time, but the organ, like many, is in great need of cleaning and restoration, although it is tuned at regular intervals, with urgent work being carried out to keep the pipes 'Speaking'. The instrument is used for every Sung Mass service and for weddings and funerals.

Organ entry on The National Pipe Organ Register -

http://www.npor.org.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch.cgi?Fn=Rsearch&rec_index=D03301