St Andrew’s Church grew from the Mission Church of the Good Shepherd as the population of Handsworth increased. The original Mission Church building still stands on College Road and is now part of the St Andrew’s Sports & Community Centre complex.

the Mission Church of the Good Shepherd

  • 1894-1901 Rev. R.S.Genge – Priest in charge
  • 1901-1908  Rev. S.J.Selwyn – Priest in charge
  • 1908-1910  Rev. W.M.Salt – Priest in charge
  • 1910-1913  Rev. S.A.King – Priest in charge

After St Andrew’s Church was built on Oxhill Road, just around the corner from the Mission Church, It was designated as a parish and a Vicarage.

the Mission Church of the Good Shepherd

  • 1914-1923  Rev. John.E.Bowles – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1923-1932  Rev. Robert Grange Harker – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1932-1936  Rev. Basil Montague Dale – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1936-1942  Rev. Noel Martin Kennaby – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1942-1962  Rev. Edward G.H. Hymas – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1962-1981  Rev. Kenneth E. Fielding – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1981-1986  Rev. John A. Herve – Priest in charge of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1986-1988  Rev. David Collyer – Priest in charge of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1988-1997  Rev. David Collyer – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 1998-2006  Rev. Peter French – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 2007-2013  Rev. Edmund J. Newey – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 2013-2020  Rev. Douglas T. Machiridza – Vicar of St Andrew’s Church
  • 2020 – – vacant